Thursday, January 3, 2008

WHAT IS IN A NAME??!?!

WHAT IS IN A NAME?!!?

We believe that a name should be well thought out, it’s meaning has great influence in our life, however, not every name has a great meaning in all cultures, in fact it is the person himself that defines that name. With great consideration and reflection about our own names, we could only imagine what our parents where thinking especially with my very very full long name (Jackie for short), I was teased, I still to this day feel uncomfortable purchasing things with my credit card (I feel like a fraud) and I also tell people that I’m with not to say my name. Unfortunately they forget and say” Jackie look at this” then the clerk looks at me strangely and says” can I see some identification”? The reason this happens to me is because my parents decided to give me a first name that they decided not to use, so I go by my second name. My first, second and last name are too long so on credit cards they tend to just put a J or not even. I’ve mention this several times but nobody really cares!!! Back to my story, we think that a name is what you make it, look, we've lived through the trama!!! who you are you, and what does your name mean, and what does it mean to you? Either your name sets you apart from the world and you will always be remembered or, you will be a so and so #1, #2, #3 or #4, don’t get us wrong we do like who we’ve become with our names.

So having said all that, we would like to introduce you to our son KEANU OLIVIER, he weighs 19.8 lbs (balshoy= big), he is a Taurus, and a Pig (Chinese Zodiac like I mentionned in a previous post) and his name represents a cool breeze over the mountains. So far he lives up to his name, when he is over my shoulder I could smell a breeze, if you know what I mean!!!

For you travel junkies, I have a clean toilet to show you! We asked to treat El and Al (our translator and female driver, there is an O male driver) for lunch. We went to a Kazakh restaurant, by the way, it is a muslim country so they do not serve alcohol in the restaurants. We had a traditional plate BESH BARMAK (excellent dish), that you eat with your hands, (I was the only one, when in Rome…) and maybe that is why I have a cold now!!! After comes a soup bouillon, I didn’t know and I was the first one served so I dunked my hands in it thinking it was to clean them…everybody looked at me in disgust, how embarrassing!!! Also this dish grants you a wish (I wish I didn’t do that) just kidding, I can’t tell you what it is because it will not come true. At the end of the meal you place your hands in front of your face and slide them down to your heart and place them together, to say thanks. What a great experience being here is!!!!

We had an excitingly long day with Keanu, we spent three hours, horsing around and feeding him, today is Dan’s turn because mama Bear is sick. And then we went to the hospitals, 2 different ones. It felt really strange at the first one, where we did a head scan with an ultrasound wand, his brain looks good by the way, and then we looked at his little heart, and that looked mighty strong!!! We felt like this was a top secret mission, when it was time to pay, Dan gave the nurse money and then secretly she gave him his change. Just imagine when you want to bribe someone, that is the way it happened (when she gave the change). Keanu was such a good patient, mama is able to keep his attention with little tickle motions and ugly faces. The next hospital I thought was a restaurant, because everybody had chef hats on, (those were the nurses) the doctors look like everyday people from outside. We went there for a general check up, again they said what a great baby we have and that all is good with his health!!!

We are very proud parents at this moment…again please be patient for his picture, he is worth every second you wait!!!