Wednesday, January 30, 2008

WE HAVE A DATE!!!

Well ladies and gentleman the moment has finally arrived, we got a court date. Let me start from the moment we woke up… It all started with a beautiful phone call from my poupee Linda back in Mtl, we talked for a while (she had purchased a calling card). The phone disconnected 3 times but we will speak again. It made me feel so full of happiness that when we hung up for real, I was missing her already and home. But as most of you already know today Wednesday is/was a biggish day…Pre-court!!!! I’m a nervous wreck and Lin calmed me down.

10:20 we’re picked up and off to pick up Isabelle, she is alone because her mother cannot enter the court, and she is an emotional mess like me. We arrive at the court and to my surprise it looked similar to the hospital building, (amongst tiny houses/shacks) but no chefs walking around. Daniel was calm but I was the bubbling one, feeling nervous and (why is it I’m always the one sitting in front of the judge or the important person).

Pre-court; we take off our coats and Elvira is trying to tell us something like don’t make to much gestures and don’t say anything…what does she mean gestures? Needless to say I cried when the honorable judge found a problem with our file (I think that is a pretty big gesture)! To me it was serious because I didn’t know how I was going to get that information for him by tomorrow, and for Daniel, he kept thinking this is going to delay us by 2 extra weeks. I couldn’t understand why they needed this information (it’s because Isabelle had included this in her home study) and now we need to prove we had it. This mysterious paper was guardian ship of Olivier (the Godparents), so it was rectified by a phone call to the Godparents and they will send a paper stating that they will accept…Lorraine and Fred accepted!!!

Next was the mad rush to get everything we don’t have at the apartment for Olivier’s home coming (imagine it the apartment has become home). Oh! Dear did I forget to mention that the court date is Thursday, and then we pick up our son from the orphanage!!! That is all if the judge grants us the adoption. After that we start the process of getting our papers to leave, maybe we could be home in 4 weeks, I’m praying for sooner!!!

So we will let you know on Thursday if we were granted to be Olivier Keanu Renat’s parents.

Also for the future pre- adoptive parents (PAP’S) please spend all the time you have reading other peoples blogs on the region you are going to and ask your agency if the information pertains to you. I believe that all my research has made this trip a breeze for material comfort, as for documents I guess you can’t always be fully prepared (ours is a new Judge, we are his second parents)!!!