Tuesday, January 22, 2008

JACKIE TO DANIEL " I DON'T THINK WE ARE IN KANSAS ANYMORE!!!!

My fun illusions are starting to disappear and I’m feeling very home sick, we’ve been living here now for 4 weeks (30 days) and I just ran out of my last bit of home (Tim Hortons coffee). I think because baby Olivier is not with us and everyday is the same old same old, not that I’m not enjoying our routine, but I need somewhere to go with a purpose. There is a lot to discover but unfortunately it is back to the sub-artic weather, -35 to -40. I wanted to go shopping last week when it was warmer at the Chinese market outdoors but Daniel was ill…I wasn’t going to buy anything, it was just for the distraction! Anyways I’m praying very hard, and I ask all of you to pray with us, that our pre-court and court date is this Thursday and Friday!!! It makes a huge difference in our lives; baby Olivier will be able to leave the orphanage, you will be able to see a full picture of him, we will come home earlier, we won’t be so sad & lonely without Oli-k and I can get some Timmies ASAP!!!!. I never thought I was this addicted to Tim’s coffee, I dream about it day and night; I even talk about it in my sleep “large, double, double”.

While I have everyone’s attention I just wanted to mention, how well the orphanages are here! It is incredible at how well it is ran, for 8 babies there is a caretaker and a doctor always on staff, it resembles our daycares. I took a picture yesterday of Oli-k’s Doctor for his 9 months b-day and I will post it after the court hearing , so keep praying for the date 24th and 25th ( pre-court and court)!!! I’m clicking my red heels together 3 times “ there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home, there’s no place like home” Am I home yet????


Thanks everybody!