Monday, February 4, 2008

Give me a second, a minute, a moment of your time…

I finally have a minute to myself, to update the blog and to have a coffee. It is Thursday at 10:30 am for me and Thursday 12:30 Am for the rest of you, 10 hours differences, this makes me a savant, I can see into the future for all of you. I can watch CNN and tell what you will find out later on, I can tell what your weather will be like. Unfortunately I CANNOT predict when I will be able to sit at a table and eat, write this blog, sleep, or my Oli-k’s moods. It is taken us some time today and yesterday to put him down for his naps and sleep, but I did it, I put baby Dan and baby Oli down. So here I am alone with my thoughts, what should I do? Ok, I will write my blog.

I’m wondering when will I be home, I miss my cat, my friends, my family, my car. I keep saying to Isabelle and her mother (people here adopting) that we should be home in 2 weeks, (I know this isn’t the case but it makes me look forward to a date) what I didn’t realize is Isabelle’s mother thought I was serious and had a break down the other day saying “how come we can’t go home, Jackie has been saying for weeks now it’s 2 weeks left”. When I heard this (I was so sad for her), to be continued (baby is up)

8:12 pm 10:12 am(your time) I’m back but not for long, I have to clean up while the little one is sleeping and I have to give the computer to Daniel so he can answer e-mails, so what was I saying before…Oh yes, Isabelle’s mother. And now to make matters worse they just found out that her visa to be in the country has expired since the 24th of January and that they will extend it at a crazy price of 500$ … That really shouldn’t have happened, all of our visa are for 3 months and Micheline (Isabelle’s mom) had hers done with Isabelle. Anyways I feel really bad for them and us!

I know most of the hard part is done but another hard issue is getting to know our son, it is a gradually process and very hard to understand considering for the last 9 months all he has heard is Russian or Kazakh, and here we are expecting him to understand dodo (is that universal?). I tried to show him on a doll (cabbage patch) but her eyes stay open so it’s lost in translation, so I tried to explain to him the process of dodo (to whole bath ritual, etc) and then I kissed the doll, well he decided to show me he knows how to kiss. He crawled right up to her and sucked her cheek, what a kisser!!!

Ok that is my thought of the day, I will let Daniel use the computer while he has a free minute.