Tuesday, February 12, 2008

BABE OF OUR OWN!!

I can’t believe we are parents, I really didn’t think it would be easy but my friends (yes you guys) made it seem like a piece of cake. I love my little man, he is everything we could of wished for; he is sweet, funny and affectionate. He loves music, playing, pinching his mama and biting his dada. I love when he yawns in my arms and then falls asleep in a snap it makes me believe that he feels safe. I already feel like I’m going to miss these moments of togetherness for the 3 of us, once home.

Ok enough mushiness!!!

So what we’ve been up to! Our walks bring us to the hotel Chagala quite often where we have a bite to eat (pizza) and coffee, there is a bar area but we only sit in front because of the men in there are smoking and I don’t think they want females or babies invading their down time (I think it’s a men’s only club). So we sit in the lobby with the babies and enjoy some conversation and daydream about our journey home. We enjoy going there because we hear a lot of English conversations (I’m an eavesdropper) but never dare participate…they don’t look like they want to talk to us anyways! The owner is very polite and always has a cheerful “Good day” for us! Yesterday we purchased a beautiful pair of Kazakh boots for Oli-K, they are brown leather with sheep fur on the inside (real winter boots for the sub-artic weather)…I will post a picture! I got a call from Linda this morning and I kept wondering did I post the boots already!!!

Today’s agenda is the usual, walk to make the baby sleep and schedule an early dinner for Valentine’s Day tomorrow and maybe take some nighttime pictures (it is so beautifully light at night). We are sending our love across the world to all of you, enjoy tomorrow.