Sunday, December 9, 2007

TAAAADDDDAAAA!!!!! I'M THE PACKING HOODINI.

We are packed, and I do mean fully packed!!! I am the incredible, super packer. Now I have to unpack and write everything down. This helps when you lose luggage and need to know what you lost! Also a hint for those that will go on extended trips:

1. Bring only dark colors (because the water might change the color of your whites)
2. nobody cares what you are wearing unless it looks really nice and they want it off your back!
3. pack lightly and make sure that each luggage contains the same items (just in case you lose one)
4. always bring a paper and several pens (because they do run out of ink when you need it the most)
5. things you could live without, please leave it at home! We tend to think something will come in handy (but it still doesn't)
6. Bring ear plugs and eye mask for the plane and go to sleep right away (apparently it helps with the jet lag, as per our friend JM the master of travel) we will try this tip!!!
7.One thing that is really important, try out your winter gear. We are lucky because tonight is - 13Celsius but real feel is -20 no wind but humid. And I was pretty comfortable in my coat but I need to wear a sweater for the sleeves and need to roll my socks up until my long johns.
8. appreciate the joys of home because you will definitely be missing these comforts!!! Hell Ya!
9. See your friends, I know it is not part of packing but I'm bringing pictures of everyone because we are going to miss you guys!